Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Top Ten Reads of 2007

I was inspired by this post by Tullian Tchividjian, to put by top ten reads of 2007. Many of these books changed my life and thinking this year:

1. Doctrine of Repentance by Thomas Watson
2. One Thing You Can’t Do in Heaven by Mark Cahill
3. Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem
4. Basics for Believers by D.A. Carson
5. The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul
6. Nothing in My Hand I Bring: Understanding the Difference Between Roman Catholic and Protestant Beliefs by Ray Galea (Matthias Media)
7. The God of Sex by Peter Jones
8. According to Plan by Goldsworthy
9. The Fruitful Life by Jerry Bridges
10. Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce by John Piper

Oh yeah, the two books by Driscoll would be #11 and #12: Reformission, and Confessions of a Reformission Rev.

6 comments:

Nagoda said...

hey nick you probably dont remember me

my names mike, we met over a year ago at a campus 4 christ meeting you gave a talk on the bible and scholarship afterwards we got to talking about this, shared views on stuff like the documentary hypothesis. i mentioned at the time i was doing a paper on the nephilim and you said you were interested in reading it. i apologize as i had forgotten about this and am wondering if you still wanted to get in touch, chat hang whatever and read my paper? let me know

-Mike

Shane Sowden said...

Hey Nick,

Hope all is well with you and the family. I was wondering if you have any recommendations on books about the apostle Paul??? The bookstore here at Caronport has a few but I am a little skeptical on their selection. Any thoughts??? You can email me at ssowden@briercrest.ca

thanks man

Nick said...

Mike,

I would be interested in reading your paper, and maybe we could get together and talk about it.

Nick
nicholashenninghill@yahoo.ca

Nick said...

Shane,

Here are the best books that I know of on the Apostle Paul. They are all are excellent:

Paul: Apostle of the Heart Set Free by F.F. Bruce

Paul: An Outline of His Theology by Herman Ridderbos

Paul, Apostle of God's Glory in Christ : A Pauline Theology by Thomas Schreiner

Hope you are well,

Nick

Airz said...

ok, u already did your top ten. i didnt see that til now. ok, so what are your top three of all time?

Nick said...

Aeri,

My top for my life would have to be: Knowing God by J.I. Packer, Basic Christianity by John Stott, and Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Outside of the Bible, these books have shaped me the most.