Monday, March 30, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Colin Adams of Unashamed Workman gives the following very helpful advice:
1. Preach, preach, preach
2. Take on a variety of texts (psalms, prophecy, narrative, epistles), but don’t be too brave too early (eg. consecutive studies through Revelation!)
3. Continue to read formal instruction on expository preaching
4. Listen to a variety of good preachers, and learn things from each of them
5. Get feedback
6. Learn something every time, and work on that area next time
7. Pray for conversions
8. Read theology, especially biblical theology
9. Begin with the tried and tested styles of preaching, then begin to adapt to your own style
10. Guard yourself against pride and despondency, the two most common pitfalls
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Don Carson, Phillip Jensen, Mark Dever and David Helm
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Canada's Best Preaching Workshop Coming to Toronto
Imagine taking time out to be refreshed, encouraged, and strengthened in community with other fellow preachers for two and a half days to learn more about expository preaching, to see it modeled by world class expositors, and to receive valuable feedback in small groups.
This is the Simeon Trust Exposition Workshop that is very new to
The instructors (David Short and David Helm) have been hand picked for their experience, for their giftedness, and for their faithfulness to preaching God's Word.
There is something here for the pastor in training to the pastor of 25 years.
Register today online or by phone/email:
call or email Doug Kelley at
Date: March 25-27, 2009