Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's Amazing...

It's amazing how much of the Bible you can take in if you really want to. I have been listening to Max MacLean read the ESV Bible as I drive around Toronto doing errands, going to work, etc. Right now I am focusing on the book of Romans. I am currently on my third time through and I hope to listen through it 30 times and then pick another book, probably 1 Corinthians, then 2 Corinthians, and then Revelation after that.

I have also started the Bible reading plan located in the new ESV Study Bible. It is about 30 minutes a day (around 4 chapters a day) and I will read the Bible through this year (I think I will read the Psalms twice).

We make time for what we value. If you don't know the Bible, its because you do not want to or do not desire it.

With all the different ways that we can take in the Bible nowadays, I challenge you to make the Bible central in your life this year.

It is through the Bible that we hear God speak to us (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and in responding to this Word in confession, repentance, faith, and obedience we develop a relationship with our Creator, Redeemer, and Father.

Take up and Read (or Listen!)

No comments: